Fazer Mills’ production is based in Lahti, Finland and Lidköping, Sweden. Fazer’s wheat and rye flour mills in Finland have been in operation since 1971, and an oat mill built in 2013 allowed us to enter new customer segments such as cereal and breakfast products. Having increased the export sales of oats, in 2017 Fazer doubled the capacity of its oat mill in Lahti. Fazer Mills Sweden has been in the consumer market since the founding of the mill in 1981. The Swedish mill produces high-quality products, including healthy Frebaco Kvarn branded organic products.
The Finnish mills’ production process is annually audited by the American Institute of Baking (AIB) – an internationally recognised third party – with the aim of guaranteeing quality and ensuring constant development. During these audits, special attention is paid to product safety and traceability.
Fazer Mills key facts
- Wheat, rye and oat mills in Finland and Sweden
- Supplies flours, flakes, baking mixes, ingredient solutions, porridge and muesli
- Fazer Mills Finland is the only AIB-certified mill in the Nordic countries
- Exports oats to European, Russian and Asian markets
- 140 employees
- Decades of experience in milling
- A passion for quality and a strong spirit of renewal
- Experts in the baking business, and pride ourselves on knowing what bakers need
- Value-added solutions, such as oat beta-glucan, oat protein and oat oil