Oats are a natural superfood with several positive health effects. Oat beta glucan, which is the soluble part of oats’ dietary fibre, has four health claims authorised in EU. Oat beta glucan has been shown to lower blood cholesterol levels and reduce risk of (coronary) heart disease. It also has recognized digestive health benefits and it helps limit the increase in blood glucose levels after meals. The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 3 g of beta glucans.
In addition to proven health benefits, wholegrain oats have high nutritional value. They include plenty of beneficial plant-based protein, fibres and unsaturated fatty acids. Packed also with vitamins and minerals like iron, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus and calcium, oats are a brilliant all-round cereal and a great addition to a balanced diet.
Wholegrain oats contain up to 11 % fibre, 15 % protein and 6-8 % unsaturated fatty acids. Half of the fibre is nutritionally valuable beta glucan fibre and the proteins are nutritionally highly valuable with good amino acid profile. The fat content is 2-3 % more than in other grains.
- totally plant based and non-GMO ingredients
- healthy and tasty superfood with excellent nutritional content
- oat beta glucan has four health claims authorised in EU
- suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets
- well tolerated grain, low in FODMAPs
- delicate nutty flavour and smooth creamy texture loved: by the whole family